This Library came into existence in 1971, with the establishment of Karmaveer Ganpat Dada More Arts, Commerce and Science College. Initially the library was located in the small room in the main building with no space for various sections. It was later on shifted to a separate building with spacious reading rooms, Stack room, Periodical Section, Internet Room etc. in the year 2007-2008. The new building is located in front of college building and easily accessible by various departments. The new building of library is spread over area of 6475.57 sq. ft.(built up area). Library has good collection on diverse areas of knowledge such as Languages and Literature, Social Sciences, Humanities, Commerce and Management, Pure and Applied Science, sports and Fine arts etc. Library is administered by the Librarian, N.B Gosavi with the assistance of a Library Clerk and 3 Library Attendants with the help of Library Advisory Committee.
Library Hours :
- On working Days: 7.30 a.m. to 5.30 p.m.
- Sunday and Holiday: 7.30 a.m. to 8.30 p.m.
- During Exams.: 10.00 a.m. to 5.00 p.m.
Our library is continuously serving to the students, teaching and non-teaching staff of the college with following mission, vision and objectives
The mission of the Library is to provide comprehensive access to the print and Non-Print Information resources and innovative services to support teaching, learning and research activities of the college and thereby to cater diverse information needs of user community of this college.
Considering the mission, our library strives to
- build better collection of resources across the formats to cater information needs of user community
- promote the use of resources to help the users to achieve their educational and professional goals
- provide various services and adopt strategies to enhance use resources of the library
- offer personal assistance to select, organize and use the information
- create healthy environment for the students to study
- To develop balanced collection of information resources to cater the information needs of clientele
- To build collection complementary to competitive exams to provide competitive edge to students
- To provide innovative services to the users to help them to achieve their academic goals
- To adopt new technologies to improve the library services
To provide better and timely access to the resources available in the library
- To provide more and more access to the e-resources through Internet
- To participate in resource sharing (Library Consortium) programme to enrich collection of the library
Staff Profile :
[table id=29 /]